The VA offers career and employment assistance for veterans. VA helps veterans with finding the best career path to helping veterans who owe a small business.
The VA offers eligible veterans:
- Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Program (VR&E) is a program dedicated to assist veterans with a service-connected disability to return to work. VR&E can help veterans return to the job that was held before starting their military service. Assistance in job searching, resume building, and application. VR&E helps and training for veterans to start a business. The program also helps veterans find a new career that best fits their current abilities and interest. VR&E helps veterans assistance in living independently by providing counseling and adaptive housing support. For more information visit https://www.va.gov/careers-employment/vocational-rehabilitation/programs/ or the nearest VA/VS office.
- Educational and Career Counseling help eligible veterans with finding the best training program or job. The program also helps veterans with adjustment counseling to deal with obstacles in the way of their success. For more information visit https://www.va.gov/careers-employment/education-and-career-counseling/ or the nearest VA/VS office.
- Veteran-Owned Small Business is a program that provides veterans with many business-related opportunities and assistance. Once in the program the veteran can do business with the VA, receive tax relief, and resources in becoming a successful entrepreneur. For more information visit https://www.va.gov/careers-employment/veteran-owned-business-support/ or the nearest VA office.
- CareerScope is an assessment tool that helps eligible veterans find the best career path based on their interest and skills. For more information visit https://www.va.gov/careers-employment/careerscope-skills-assessment/ or the nearest VA/VS office.
The State of Texas also offers veterans:
- Complimentary assistance to employment search, career counseling, and more. For more information visit https://www.tvc.texas.gov/employment/veterans/ or the nearest VA/VS office.
- The Veteran Entrepreneur Program offers veterans consultative service, partner referral, and outreach services who want to start, grow, or exit their business. For more information visit https://www.tvc.texas.gov/entrepreneurs/ or the nearest VA/VS office.
For more information about VA assistance in career and employment visit https://www.va.gov/careers-employment/#get-career-and-employment-assistance or the nearest VA/VS office.
*Service members benefits can be found here
*Family member benefits can be found here